You are so not going to believe this, I made a quilt…..for myself!!! I can’t remember the last time I have done that. AND I custom quilted it. I named the quilt “Impracticality” because every part of it was impractical. It wasted too much fabric, took too long to piece and too long to quilt. The whole time I was working on it, I kept saying to myself, this is so impractical……but I am so glad that I did it.
I wanted to make a quilt to enter into the QuiltCon quilt show, but I don’t like making show quilts. Too much pressure in my opinion….what if no one likes it? So I decided to make a quilt for me and then enter it in a show. I know, I know….same difference, but it helps me wrap my mind around it mentally!!
It an improvisationally pieced quilt (the first time I have ever done that!) and was definitely a growing experience for me! Usually when I start a quilt top, I already know how I am going to quilt it, but I was stumped on this one. In fact, I wasn’t sure how I was going to quilt it until I loaded it and started it!
I used two layers of batting to give it a little extra puff and really make the quilting in the negative space stand out.
Quilting all those little pieces took for-ev-er……
I even remembered to take some pictures while I was quilting.
This probably won’t happen again for a long time so I wanted to make sure that I had photographic proof!! The best part of this quilt….I get to keep it. I plan on hanging it my quilting studio and letting it brighten up the room!
In other good news……my kids and I are going to be featured in a HandiQuilter advertisement:
I am excited to announce that I am going to be a HQ Ambassador! Tomorrow I will spill all the fun details.